A history of a life at sea and over 20 new designs inspired by traditional Scandinavian patterns.
Striking designs based on the traditional sweaters worn by Scandinavian fishermen reinvented for the modern knitter.
Three hundred years ago, Norwegian fishermen went to sea no matter the wind or weather—and they needed warm, comfortable, durable sweaters to protect them from the cold while they worked. Now, photographs and documentation of surviving examples have been brought together to form the foundation for this collection: timeless traditional patterning applied to modern styling and shaping, for a selection of sweaters, cardigans, hats, mittens, vests, and more, for men and women, rooted deeply in the rich tapestry of Norwegian history.
- Learn the stories behind traditional handmade knitwear: who made it, the lives they lived, and where and how it was used
- Explore techniques including stripes, blocks, lice, ribbing, cabling, and more
- Adapt reimagined designs to your own style—pullover or cardigan, buttons or zipper, scoop neck or boat neck, in any combination
- Publisher : Trafalgar Square Books (December 13, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 172 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1646011651
- ISBN-13 : 978-1646011650
- Item Weight : 1.7 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.75 x 11 inches