Brioche Basics Class: A three-session workshop
Dates: The class will meet for three sessions (listed below) from 9:30–10:30 a.m. This is an in-person class.
Have you wanted to try your hand at brioche knitting? Brioche knitting creates an absolutely gorgeous, squishy, and REVERSIBLE fabric! Brioche Basics is a class for knitters who are ready to experience the joys of brioche knitting.
Over the course of three, one-hour class sessions, we'll tackle the essentials of brioche:
- Anatomy of the stitch and how to "read" your brioche knitting
- Common mistakes and how to fix them
- Brioche knit and brioche purl
- One-color brioche knit flat
- Two-color brioche in the round
You need to be able to cast on, knit, purl, decrease, and yarn over. This class is for knitters 14+ and is not suitable for beginner knitters. It's definitely for you if you've got these essentials down, and you're ready to try brioche knitting!
Participants will make a single-color swatch, knit flat, to practice their stitches and brioche reading. Then we'll move on to a two-color hat — don't be nervous, two-color brioche in the round is completely do-able once you have some basics!
Tools You'll Need:
- US size 7 16" circular
- US size 5 needles in 16" circular and DPNS or a second circular needle
- Small crochet hook, Repair Hook, or HandiTool
- Opening stitch or split ring markers
- Hook-style cable needle
- Darning needle
Suggested: Brioche Knitting for Beginners and Beyond By Lesley Anne Robinson
** If you need to miss a class, keep in mind that we cannot accommodate make-up dates.**