Oodles of Crochet by Eva Wincent & Paula Hammerskog
40+ Patterns from Hats, Jackets, Bags, and Scarves to Potholders, Pillows, Rugs, and Throws
Do you love to crochet? What could be better than an illustrated modern reference guide and a visually stunning source of inspiration—in the same book? Readers will find oodles of tips and tricks—both to help beginners get comfortable with the basics, and to show masters of the craft how to take their crocheting to new heights.
Just a few essential techniques can go a long way toward ensuring fun and success with crochet! Helpful introductory sections explain stitches, textures, materials, equipment, and everything else new crocheters will need to get started, while projects range from the beautifully simple to the challenging. Inside, you'll find dozens of bold and beautiful designs for pillows, throws, rugs, sweaters, jackets, scarves, hats, gloves—and so much more. Includes a glorious selection of striking and colorful photographs bound to generate exciting new ideas for future crochet projects.
Inside you will find:
- Important crochet building blocks—from chain stitch to slip stitch, from single to double crochet, and more
- Ways to develop your technique, skill, and style, with advice on adding bobbles, puff stitches, chevrons, lattices, buttonholes, and "oodles" of other embellishments
- Garments and accessories that are durable, washable, and infinitely useable
- Fabulous patterns for both children and adults, for your home and your wardrobe, such as Sweet Baby Dress, Chanel Jacket, Triangular Mohair Shawl, and Wave Pattern Pillow, to name just a few
- Troubleshooting for potential problems and easy-to-grasp solutions when things go wrong
- Tips for creative additions and designing your own patterns so you can learn and grow as a crochet enthusiast
- Full-color photographs and detailed diagrams for handy reader reference
Total Page Count: 168
Illustrations: 200 color photos