Stanwood Yarn Ball Winder 4-oz
This yarn ball winder (Model YBW-A) makes center pull yarn balls with a capacity of about 4 oz. The clamp-on base allows it to be firmly fixed at the edges of tables, chairs, benches, or any other convenient locations. The maximum thickness of table that this can clamp on to is about 1 3/4". It is best to be used with a swift yarn winder (Umbrella or Amish style, both available under Stanwood Needlecraft brand names). But you can easily replace a swift with other devices or just simply your arms. The craftsmanship on these ball winders is superior. In comparison to our model YBW-B, this winder is smoother and makes less noise while winding.
Some general features are listed below
- CENTER-PULL YARN BALL, our yarn winder creates yarn balls with the string that can be pull from the center, making your knitting sessions convenient and neat.
- COMPACT, when assembled, our ball winder is just slightly larger than two 16-ounce coffee mug side to side. Our ball winder weighs less than a pound but holds up to 4 ounces of yarn.
- QUIET, every single gear and rotating join is lubricated to ensure smooth and quiet operation.
- COMPLETE SHROUD, we realized a long time ago that any exposed gears will eat yarn, so we have completely covered all the gears.
- TOOL-LESS SETUP, we thought about how frustrating it is to organize your yarn collection, so we designed our winder to be set up without any hassle, so you can wind faster.